Get 690s BC essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 690s BC discussion
. Add 690s BC
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
This article does not cite any sources
. (December 2009)
This article concerns the period 699 BC - 690 BC.
Events and trends
- 699 BC--Khallushu succeeds Shuttir-Nakhkhunte as king of the Elamite Empire.
- 697 BC--Birth of Duke Wen of Jin in China.
- 697 BC--Death of King Huan of Zhou in China.
- 697 BC--Hezekiah succeeded by Manasseh as king of Judah.
- 696 BC--King Zhuang of Zhou begins his reign in China.
- 696 BC--The Cimmerians ravage Phrygia, possible migration of the Armenians.
- 696 BC--Pantacles of Athens wins the stadion race at the 21st Olympic Games.
- 692 BC--Karib'il Watar of Saba' is recorded as having given "gifts" (tribute) to King Sennacherib of Assyria.
- 692 BC--Pantacles wins the stadion race for a second time and the diaulos at the 22nd Olympic Games.
- 691 BC--King Sennacherib of Assyria defeats king Humban-nimena of Elam in the Battle of Halule.
- 690 BC--Taharqa, a king of the Twenty-fifth Dynasty, ascends the throne of Egypt (approximate date)
- c. 690 BC-664 BC--Sphinx of Taharqa, from Temple T, Kawa, Nubia, is made. Twenty-fifth dynasty of Egypt. It is now kept at The British Museum, London.
- c. 690 BC--Death of Manava, author of the Indian geometric text of Sulba Sutras.
- 690s BC--W'rn Hywt of D'mt in Ethiopia appears in the inscriptional record and mentions the king of Saba', Karib'il Watar.
This section is empty.
You can help by adding to it
. (June 2021)