Get Liberalism in Peru essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Liberalism in Peru discussion
. Add Liberalism in Peru
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Liberalism in Peru
This article gives an overview of liberalism in Peru. It is limited to liberal parties with substantial support, mainly proved by having had a representation in parliament. The sign => means a reference to another party in that scheme. For inclusion in this scheme it isn't necessary so that parties labeled themselves as a liberal party.
Traditional liberalism wasn't successful in Peru. From time to time there existed more or less liberal parties. The Popular Action (Acción Popular) and the Union for Peru (Unión por el Perú) are nowadays more or less liberal parties.
- 1891: Manuel González Prada and others established the progressive liberal National Union (National Union).
- 1900: a faction seceded as the => Liberal Party.
- 1901: The party disappeared.
- 1956: The Popular Action (Acción Popular) is formed. This party developed under its leader Fernando Belaúnde Terry into a conservative liberal party.
- 1974: The party is banned.
- 1976: The party is reconstituted.
Union for Peru
This section is empty.
You can help by adding to it
. (December 2017)
In the Contributions to liberal theory the following Peruvian thinker is included: