Get Reka Dialect essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Reka Dialect discussion
. Add Reka Dialect
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The Reka dialect (Macedonian: , Rekanski dijalekt) is a member of the west and north-west subgroup of the western group of dialects of Macedonian. The dialect is mainly spoken on the territory of the region Reka in the north-western part of North Macedonia. The Reka dialect is very close with the Gali?nik and the Debar dialects. This dialect contains a lot of archaic words.
- High usage of the consonant /[f]/ (?)
- Low usage of the consonant /d?/ (?) - replacing it with ? (?) or ?d ()
- Use of o instead of a
- The end of the verbs from a group are frequently pronounced as verbs from e group ( > )
- Use of the three articles
- Use of the suffix -? for third person singular
- Use of the preposition /?