Get Vev%C4%8Dani-Rado%C5%BEda Dialect essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Vev%C4%8Dani-Rado%C5%BEda Dialect discussion
. Add Vev%C4%8Dani-Rado%C5%BEda Dialect
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The location of the Vev?ani-Rado?da dialect among the others Macedonian dialects
The Vev?ani-Rado?da dialect (Macedonian: -? , Vev?ansko-rado?ki dijalekt) is a member of the western and north western subgroup of the western group of dialects of Macedonian. Because of the old and rich tradition that this region has and because of the Vev?ani Carnival, many old words are present in everyday communication of the people. The Vev?ani-Rada dialect is the smallest dialect among the other dialects of Macedonian.
The dialect is spoken in the villages of Rado?da, Vev?ani, Mali Vlaj in the Republic of Macedonia and the village of Lin in Albania. The dialect is close with the Struga, Kor?a, and Ohrid dialects.
- change of word-initial /tsv/ (-) to /tsu/ () -> / cvet -> cut 'flower'
- loss of intervocalic /v/ (?)? -> ? / polovina -> polojna 'half'
- stress falls on the third syllable from the end of the word.
- use of intervocalic o instead of a
- use of the suffix - / -ule -> / dete -> detule 'kid';
- use of the preposition ? / 'in'? ?, ? ? / vo voda, v grad 'in water', 'in city';
- use of the suffix -?: / toj pi?it 'he writes';
- frequent use of the perfect construction ? , ? / e dojden, be?e dojden 'is come', 'was come'.
- change of (?) /kj/ to () /?t/ /gakji/ -> /ga?ti/
Other specific characteristics
- change of the vocal R and vocal L;
- often use of the consonant groups (?t) and (?d)
- using vocal groups such as: -ea-, -oa- .
- /pipun as opposed to ?/dinja 'cantaloupe'
- ?/riza as opposed to ?/krpa 'towel'
- /karpuz as opposed to /lubenica 'watermelon'
- /momi?e as opposed to ?/moma 'girl'
- /ilja?i as opposed to /lekovi 'medicines'
- /ea?ti as opposed to ?/ga?i 'underwear'
- ?/knok as opposed to ?/slab 'thin/skinny'
- ?/jabolce as opposed to /kapa?e 'kneecap'
- /f?inat as opposed to /?inat 'to sprain'
- ^ Hendriks, Petra. The Radozda-Vevcani Dialect of Macedonian: Structure, Texts, Lexicon. The Peter de Ridder Press, 1976; 309 pp.
- ^ str. 247 Makedonski jazik za srednoto obrazovanie- S. Bojkovska, D. Pandev, L. Minova-?urkova, ?. Cvetkovski- Prosvetno delo AD- Skopje 2001
- ^ p. 248 Makedonski jazik za srednoto obrazovanie- S. Bojkovska, D. Pandev, L. Minova-?urkova, ?. Cvetkovski- Prosvetno delo AD- Skopje 2001